Synthetic Cob (Simkah)
Powder mortar based on cement and natural straw particles, which has adhesive and filling properties such as thatch, is also waterproof and dust-free, which can be a good alternative to traditional Simgel mortar and cob..
What is Synthetic Cob (Simkah)?
The Simkah (nano polymeric cob) is a cement-based resin and water-based paint that looks quite similar to the natural cob after drying. The nano-silicone material is used in the manufacture of synthetic cob (Simkah), which improves self-cleaning and increases its sealing and insulating properties. Simkah is a modern, waterproof, and dust-free cob mortar that is a good substitute for the traditional cob and simgel. It is suitable for the home environment, especially home interior decoration, as well as renovating historic buildings and creating a traditional facade similar to the desert regions. The synthetic cob (waterproof cob) can be applied by brush or spray and is much easier than other paints. Simkah (polymeric cob) is highly durable and can be used on different surfaces, including cement, stucco, Knauf, wood, metal, Styrofoam, glass and ... For more information on Cob Mortar, see Wikipedia.
Cob in Iranian Architecture
Cob mortar is used in Iranian architecture, especially in desert regions. Iranian architects have used cob with tile, wood, stone, and similar materials to decorate buildings. The pleasant color of the cob gave the Iranian cities extraordinary beauty. It gave people's lives a special light and color. They covered the walls of the inner courtyard with the best kind of red clay and created geometric patterns on the walls with embossed stucco lines. Occasionally they drew stucco lines into the vestibule of the entrance and made medallion designs. The cob makes pleasant the intense sunlight to residents. It minimizes the return of sun rays and heat on cob rooftops and walls. One of the most critical problems of traditional cob is its water re-solubility during rainfall and producing dust when the weather is dry.
Features of Synthetic Cob (Simkah):
The most critical problem of traditional cob is its water re-solubility during rainfall and production of dust when the weather is dry.
- Flexibility: Flexible after drying.
- Reasonable Price: Lower cost than similar materials.
- Quick Applying: Faster drying time.
- Eco-friendly: Water-based and environmentally friendly.
- Easy to Use: Easy to use with a brush or spray.
- Adhesion: High adhesion to surfaces.
- Weather-resistant: Resistant to snow and rain.
- UV Resistant: Resistant to UV rays of the sun.
- Fully Waterproof: Waterproof, breathable for the underlying layer.
- Sanitary and Safe: Completely sanitary and non-toxic.
- Dust Free: Without producing dust and odor.
- Best Choice: The best choice in desert regions.
How to apply synthetic cob (Simkah)?
- Apply the prepared mixture on the surface using a brush or air spray.
- If greater thickness is required, apply the second layer after the first layer has dried to create maximum adhesion between the two layers.
- If necessary, you can add some straw to the mixture as desired.
Technical specifications of Synthetic Cob:
- Synthetic cobs appearance: Powder + Natural straw.
- Variety of colors: Different colors.
- Surface drying time: About one hour.
- Final drying time: About one day.
- Shelf life: One year (away from sunlight and frost).
- Usage amount of cob: Two kilograms per square meter.
Modern Synthetic Cob - Simkah
Modern, waterproof and dust-free synthetic cob, a perfect alternative to Simgel and traditional cob. Suitable for the home environment, especially home interior decoration, as well as renovating historic buildings and creating a traditional facade similar to the desert regions. Modern Synthetic Cob - Simkah.
|Appearance||Powder + Natural straw|
|Variety of Colors||Different colors|
|Drying Time||Surface drying time: About one hour. Final drying time: About one day.|
|Shelf-life||One year (away from sunlight and frost)|
|Consumption amount||Two kilograms per square meter|
|Implementation||Apply the prepared mixture on the surface using a brush or air spray. If greater thickness is required, apply the second layer after the first layer has dried to create maximum adhesion between the two layers. If necessary, you can add some straw to the mixture as desired.|
|Application||Suitable for the home environment, especially home interior decoration, as well as renovating historic buildings and creating a traditional facade similar to the desert regions.|
|Storage conditions||Close the container lid after use. Store indoors, away from direct sunlight, high temperatures and frost. Can be stored for up to 12 months.|
|Safety tips||Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, skin and food, rinse immediately with cold water if in contact. If accidentally swallowed, medical action is required.|
Synthetic Cob (Simkah)
- Brand: مجتمع صنعتی حکیمیان
- Product Code:HK-SIMKAH
- Availability:In Stock
- 5,500 تومان